El Gouna Egypt information, attractions, tours, prices, booking
El Gouna is a resort town located on the Egyptian Red Sea Coast. In fact, El Gouna is about 434 kilometer from Cairo and 210 kilometer from Luxor. Moreover, El Gouna features countless interconnected islands and beautiful turquoise lagoons. Furthermore, the town also features state of the art golf courses. Moreover, the town also features luxurious beach-front resorts. The town also features an endless range of water activities. In fact, El Gouna resort town divided into areas or compounds. Each area has its own special feel. In fact, the Downtown with its Nubian architecture is the heart of the resort. Moreover, the residential areas consist of six areas. The first area is the Nubia which is a cluster of Nubian villas with 3.5 km of beach.
The second area is the Italian Compound which situated in the heart of Downtown. In fact, the Italian compound offers private apartments with access to the beach. The third area is the Marina Town which designed in a Yemeni style. In fact, the Marina town is the most upscale residential area of the resort. Moreover, it is perfect for yacht and sailboat owners. The third area is the Golf area which features spacious apartments and villas. In fact, both of the apartments and villas overlook the green. The forth area is The West Golf which is opposite side of the Golf area. In fact, it shares its luxury and serenity. The fifth area of El Gouna is the Hill Villas.
Further details about El Gouna:
In fact, the Hill Villas are an area of uttering comfort and luxury. Moreover, they feature Tuscan-style villas which nestled on 14 different elevation levels. Moreover, they all overlook the whole of El Gouna Resort. El Gouna is an friendly destination complete with world class accommodations. In fact, El Gouna is for all family members. The unique town offers a myriad of services and activities to suit everyone. In fact, El Gouna located 26 km away from Hurghada. Temperatures on this part of the Red Sea are pleasant and moderate in winter. The temperature average is between 17 and 25°C in winter. Summer temperatures are between 26 and 33°C with dry weather.
With its state of the art spas, El Gouna features gourmet restaurants and golf courses. Moreover, the town also features tennis courts and Olympic pools. In fact, the town features trendy cosmopolitan holiday getaway. The town combines the best of a relaxation experience and extreme water activities. Thus, the town is the perfect honeymoon destination on the Red Sea Riviera. Moreover, it is a dreamlike location for your wedding celebration. Go walking hand in hand with your loved one among lush green gardens. Watch the crystal clear lagoons. Join your guests to a stylish open-air dinner party in one of the world’s most luxurious venues. Take a stroll down the marina boulevard. Gaze at the most luxurious yachts you might ever see.
More details about El Gouna:
Sit at one of the restaurant’s terraces to enjoy a gourmet dinner under the starlit sky. Go all the way and book a dinner on one of these dreamlike ships. Head to the nearby desert where you'll offered a glass of tea by the Bedouins. Moreover, you will enjoy the gazing at the stars in the cloudless desert sky. El Gouna is a modern resort town which aims to provides the best accommodation. Moreover, the town also offers the best options for conference and incentive programs participants. In fact, El Gouna hosted successful multinational company meetings and incentives. It was during the past few years. In fact, the participants can indulge in rewarding and exciting activities. The activities also include golfing, yachting, diving and open-sea fishing.
In fact, El Gouna means The Lagoon in Arabic language. Moreover. the name fits for the calm and relaxing sea in this part of the Red Sea coast. The town is reachable from Hurghada International Airport. It is about 30 km and about 30 minutes driving time.Here are some tips you can make use of while you are in El-Gouna:
The "Dine-Around" Program: El-Gouna offers its visitors a gastronomic experience they're unlikely to forget. Many restaurants in El-Gouna take part in the "Dine-Around Program". In fact, this program allows you to try out different restaurants in the beautiful Red Sea resort. Ask your hotel for a list of the participating restaurants. Read the terms and conditions and don't forget to book in advance.
Shopping: If you would like to do shopping, then go to Abu Tig Marina. You also can go to Khan el Khalili El Gouna Bazaar where you can buy "Pharaonic" souvenirs.
Nightlife: You can enjoy partying in El Gouna at Abu Tig Marina on Mondays nights and on Marina Street on Fridays. Also, don’t miss the oriental dancing show which offered at Tamr Henna every Thursday.
Ultra-light aircraft tour: capture the most breath-taking spectacular views of El Gouna aboard an ultra-light aircraft.
Folkloric shows: Watch the twirling colors of Tanoura dancers show and belly dancing show. Watch the Nubian folk show. In fact, all these shows offered at Tamr Henna every Sunday and Thursday. Moreover, these shows can booked through your hotel. Furthermore, they also can booked before your travel through us or through your agent.
Horseback Riding: A horse stable in El-Gouna offers the unparalleled excitement of horseback riding. The stable provided 8 Arabian crossed horses, as well as two ponies for the younger riders. “Yalla” horse stable also provides equipment and professional tutoring. For more information, contact +20 0122286248 or send an e-mail to [email protected]
- Special needs Diving: Guests with reduced mobility can also enjoy the underwater amazing scenery in El-Gouna. Many persons with special needs are able to complete a standard scuba diver course. In fact, it will be through minor adjustments depending on their specific needs. Get in touch with the diving center and discuss your individual needs in advance.
- Family Fun Filled Location: El Gouna offers countless fun activities which the whole family can enjoy. In fact, it is on a day-to-day basis. A children favorite is the visit to the town's "aquarium". In fact, it is for non divers to experience the beautiful Red Sea Marine life. Moreover, the town also features an international nursery "Les Petites". Furthermore, the town also features a go-kart ring, mini-golf, and paintball arena. In fact, they will amuse your children
- Friday Nights at the Marina: In fact, Marina features beautiful yachts and amazing sea trips. Moreover, there is a festival which held at the seafront each Friday. The program usually includes live concerts, dance performances, food and drinks. Children also have their festival, at the resort’s many kids’ playgrounds.
- Dive Responsibly: When diving, do not touch the corals to preserve them from damage. Moreover, avoid getting in contact with the pretty looking sea creatures. In fact, they may be dangerous.
- The internet: In fact, the internet is available in many hotels. Wireless hotspots are also available in cafés and restaurants around the city.
- Mobile phones: You can keep your mobile phone number by activating the roaming service. Instead, you can buy a new number which you can use during your stay. All what you need is just a valid passport to buy one.
There are 3 trips offered daily between Cairo, El-Gouna and Hurghada. In fact, the trip takes about 5 hours. Booking in advance highly recommended. For more information, contact El-Gouna Bus company on +20-65-3556198 or +20-65-3541561.
By domestic flight:
Hurghada International Airport located a mere 22 km away from Hurghada’s city center. In fact, the airport features a big new runway and a modern terminal. The terminal houses many restaurants, and a duty free shopping area. For more information call: +20 65 344 2592.
Getting around in El Gouna is easy. There are shuttle buses which drop off at many of the major hotels. Moreover, the local taxis and 'Tok Toks' also are available. The roads are quiet and have pavements so they are safe to walk along. You can request to reserve a taxi from your hotel. Moreover, you can check the local bus timetables for buses which stop in front of your hotel.