Hiking Safari Trip St Abraam monastery Fayoum itinerary, prices, booking
Hiking safari trip St Abraam Monastery tour will start by picking you up by our representative and guide. It will be from your hotel in Fayoum. And then we will drive to Wadi El Rayan, a large depression in the desert west of the Fayoum. Moreover, water now flows into this originally dry basin, 43 meters below sea level, to form two large lakes. In fact, it supposed to be three lakes, but one of them dried up. Furthermore, the reason behind this project was that the Fayoum had a drainage problem. All drainage taken by one of the two main drainage channels, Masraf Al Wadi or Masraf El Bat.
The lake however, can take only a certain volume of drainage water to balance its rate of evaporation. It calculated at 370 million cubic meters per year. Moreover, any drainage water over that amount causes the lake level to rise. It will also flood the surrounding land, often doing irreparable damage. It is because of the waters high salt content. Lunch will be during the tour at a local restaurant. And then we will walk for 2 hours. And then, we will proceed to visit St Abraam Monastery, 35 km south of Wadi El Rayan. Bishop Abraam was born Boulos (Paul) Gabriel in 1545 AC., in the village of Gilda, district of Mallawi, in El Minya
Further details about Hiking Safari trip St Abraam monastery:
In fact, at the age of eight, Boulos’ mother died after a brief illness. Furthermore, at the age of fifteen the village priests recommended him to St Abraam Monastery. He the Bishop of the Diocese, who ordained him as a deacon. Boulos joined the Monastery of the Most Holy Virgin Mary. The monastery known as El Muharraq Monastery in Asyut. It is where he ordained monk in 1848, at the age of nineteen. His monastic name became Father Paul El Muharraqi.
Moreover, Father Paul distinguished by his patience, self-control and also his interest in alms-giving. Metropolitan Yakoubos (Jakob) heard about him and asked him to come to the Metropolitan-ate. It was to continue his work with the poor. After four years, he asked to return to the monastery. Furthermore, the Metropolitan ordained him a priest and allowed him to return to the monastery in 1863. In fact, you will know the full story during your visit to St Abraam Monastery. Transfer back to your hotel in Fayoum.
- Wadi El Rayan and also St Abraam monastery.
- Trip duration: Approximately 8 hours.
- Tour type: by air conditioned coach.
- Hiking safari trip St Abraam Monastery tour runs: 7 days a week.
- Starting from: hotel in Fayoum.
- Ending in: hotel in Fayoum.
- Pick up time: 8 AM.
- Pick up services from the hotel in Fayoum.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Private English speaking guide. (German, Chinese, Russian, Italian and Spanish speaking guides are available).
- Hiking safari trip St Abraam Monastery tour includes all entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- A mineral water bottle during the tour in the coach.
- Hiking safari trip St Abraam Monastery tour includes the lunch during the tour at a local restaurant.
- Any personal expenses.
- Drinks during the meals.