Daraw Camel Market tour Aswan itinerary, prices, booking
Daraw Camel Market tour will start by picking you up from your hotel in Aswan. In fact, the Daraw Camel Market tour will take you to the energetic camel market of Daraw. The large camel market takes place every Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday. The tour will let you see more than 2,000 camels arrive from Sudan. In fact, the camels arrive in caravans which cross the desert during a 40 day road trip. They also arrive in small groups that enter Egypt at Wadi El Allaqi through the Eastern Desert.
The tour also lets you explore one of the largest and liveliest camel markets in Egypt. In fact, it will be with a knowledgeable guide. You will also see excitable vendors who haggle for the most noble camels. Moreover, you will also explore the tastiest camel meat at the best price possible. At the end of the tour, there will be a transfer to your hotel in Aswan.
In fact Daraw is a small town which situated between Aswan to the north and Kom Ombo to the south. Moreover, it is famous for its camel market for trading camels. Furthermore, the merchants from many parts of Egypt come to haggle for the best camels at the cheapest price possible. Camels destined in most cases for slaughter. In fact, camel meat preferred especially for making Kofta (meatballs). The place is flyblown, hot and dusty. The market days are colorful. Dressing is must as it is not a tourist resort there and also to avoid distracting the animals.
- Daraw Market tour.
- Trip duration: Approximately 5 hours.
- Tour type: by air conditioned coach.
- Trip runs: 7 days a week.
- Daraw Camel Market tour Starting from: hotel in Aswan.
- Ending in: hotel in Aswan.
- Pick up time: 8 AM.
- Pick up services from the hotel in Aswan.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Private English speaking guide. (Chinese, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish speaking guides are available).
- Daraw Camel Market tour Any personal expenses.
- Drinks during the meals.