Details of Camel Trekking Wadi El Rayan tour
Camel trekking Wadi El Rayan tour starts by picking you up from your hotel in Fayoum. And then, we will drive to Wadi El Rayan, a large depression in the desert west of the Fayoum. Water now flows into this originally dry basin, 43 meters below sea level, to form two large lakes. Originally, there were suppose to be three lakes, but one of them dried up. The reason behind this project was that Fayoum had a drainage problem. All drainage taken by one of the two main drainage channels, Masraf Al Wadi or Masraf El Bats, or one of the other minor ones, down to Qarun’s Lake in the north.
The lake however, can take only a certain volume of drainage water to balance its rate of evaporation. It calculated at 370 million cubic meters per year. Any drainage water over that amount causes the lake level to rise and flood the surrounding land. Lunch will be during the tour at a local restaurant. Then you will mount the Camels and ride uphill towards the spring area of Wadi Al Rayan. The valley is the home of specialized fauna. It includes the near-extinct slender-horned gazelles and small mammals. The camels will head north over dunes towards the shore of the second Wadi El Rayan Lake. You can enjoy the Birds Watching. Continue over dunes towards the ford-like area. Then you will move up towards Gable Meshgiga, a stunning rock formation and landmark. Transfer back to your hotel in Fayoum.
- Wadi El Rayan
- Camel Trekking.
- Trip duration: Approximately 8 hours.
- Tour type: by air conditioned coach.
- Trip runs: 7 days a week.
- Starting from: hotel in Fayoum
- Ending in: hotel in Fayoum
- Pick up time: 8 AM
- Pick up services from from the hotel in Fayoum.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- A mineral water bottle during the tour in the coach
- Lunch during the tour at a local restaurant
- Any personal expenses
- Drinks during the meals