St Simeon Monastery tour booking, prices, reviews
St Simeon Monastery tour start by picking you up from your hotel in Aswan. In fact, the tour will let you discover the site of St. Simeon Monastery. You will also explore the imposing, less explored fortress on the southern tip of Elephantine Island. Departing from your hotel or cruise ship, head for the island in the middle of the River Nile. In fact, at the southern end lies the striking monastery of St. Simeon which named Anba Hatre Monastery.
Moreover, St Simeon Monastery tour will include a visit to the principal church of the monastery. In fact, it built during the first half of the 11th century. It indeed is the oldest of its kind in Egypt. Moreover, the monastery constructed around one of the pillars of St. Simeon. In fact, he was a Christian ascetic saint who achieved fame after living for 37 years. Furthermore, he lived on a small platform on top of a pillar near Aleppo. In the tour, a guide will take you to the monastery’s principle sites.
Further details about the tour:
The sites are such as the open air basilica and the keep, where up to 300 monks used to sleep. A Christian stronghold, the monastery finally abandoned in 1173. In fact, it was after suffering a shortage of water and raids by marauding Bedouin tribes. After the end of St Simeon Monastery tour, there will be a drive back to your hotel in Aswan.
- St Simeon Monastery.
- Trip duration: Approximately 06 hours.
- Tour type: by air conditioned coach.
- Trip runs: 7 days a week.
- Starting from: hotel in Aswan.
- Ending in: hotel in Aswan.
- Pick up time: 8 AM.
- Pick up services from from the hotel in Aswan.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Private English speaking guide. (German, Chinese, Russian, Italian and Spanish speaking guides are available).
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- Any personal expenses.
- Drinks during the meals.